There are two Christian Meditaion groups that meet weekly in Axbridge:
- Evening group - Tuesday 7.50 for 8.00 pm.
Axbridge Church Room, The Square, Axbridge, Somerset BS26 2AP
- Afternoon group - Monday 2.30 pm.
Location varies so please contact Loraine or Andy Goddard for details (see below)
Meditation is an ancient form of prayer. It goes beyond words, images, thoughts and feelings. It leads us into stillness, silence and simplicity, allowing us to rest in the presence of God. Even in our modern busy lives this is possible.
The aim of Meditation in the Christian tradition is to allow God's mysterious and silent presence that is within us all to become the reality which gives meaning, shape and purpose to everything we are and do. The World Community for Christian Meditation is inspired by the vision of John Main a Benedictine monk who revived an ancient form of contemplative prayer and made it available to all.
The Axbridge Meditation Group welcomes you to share the teaching and practice of Christian Meditation in silence and friendship. We are open to any denomination, or none.
We meet just before 8pm each Tuesday evening in the Axbridge Church Room.
Contact Loraine or Andy Goddard on 01934 732007 to find out more.
- Christian Meditation groups in Somerset: somerset.christianmeditation.org.uk
- Christian Meditation groups in the Bristol area: www.bristol-meditation.org
- Information about Christian Meditation in the UK: www.christianmeditation.org.uk
- Information about the World Community for Christian Meditation: www.wccm.org
Last Updated by AG 17 July 2018